Welcome to TIME for Christ Global Ministries, previously known as ParsonsMinistries. This website is designed to tell you about evangelically based medical/surgical missionary opportunities and to encourage you to be involved with us either by prayer or participation.
Below is the schedule of mission opportunities for 2016 for about a dozen trips. There is also information on how you can donate to the mission work through our 501(c)3 status. We will use 100% of all funds donated to sponsor those without whom we truly cannot conduct a successful med/surg mission trip. We need financial support for surgical technologists, nurses and assistants, audiologists, pastors and translators; these wonderful people cannot afford the costs of the trip. There are NO administrative expenses for this ministry as my wife and I cover these expenses ourselves from our personal giving.
Let us know if you need the Tax ID # but the address for donations is:
3027 Split Rock Circle
Bulverde TX 78163 USA
In 2016, we will lead or support trips to Honduras, Cuba, Vietnam and Nepal.
There are two summer trips each year. In 2016:
1) July 29-Aug 5 (Friday-Friday). This is a multi-specialty surgical and medical trip. On the surgical team, we will have Gen Surg, OB-Gyn, ENT, Ortho, and Dental/Oral Surg operating in the newly expanded mission hospital with 4 beautiful operating rooms, a minor room and a new dental clinic.. We will require Anesthesiologists/CRNA’s, nurses of any specialty and assistants, and surgical techs. On the medical team, we need Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Audiologists plus volunteers to help. The medical team will go out to the area villages each day to offer medical/dental care & medicines, shoe and clothing ministry, eye glass ministry, audiology, evangelism and other necessary support. We will have a group of retired surgeons who join this team. Both teams stay in the Guaimaca Mission Hospital dorms, which has clean, drinkable water, hot showers. Towels, sheets and pillows are provided. All Honduran surgical patients will come to this Mission Hospital. This is a great team to bring high school and college students.
2) Sep 2-9 or 2-10 (Friday-Friday or Saturday). This will be the identical to the above but will be during school so we will have limited students. Our needs for Anesthesia/CRNA’s, nurses, etc., will be the same as week 1. Additionally, this team often takes a construction team, so we need individuals with a heart for building or repair. Last year’s construction team had a wide variety of volunteers from certified home builders to a lawyer, university professor, lawn & garden worker, etc.
Spouses and older children are welcome and encouraged to come on any of the two trips. This is a wonderful program for youth and college age with a developing interest in health care careers.
Special request regarding Honduras. Many of you want to go but can’t at this time. From you, we have two other extremely important needs. First, we need to take a large number of surgical techs, nurses of all types, audiologists, translators and people to run the autoclaves, scrub and wrap instruments, etc. Most all of these people cannot afford the $1900 for a trip to Honduras. Please consider a donation to help us offer scholarships for the necessary support personnel. See the address below.
Send 100% tax deductible contributions to:
TIME Global (checks can be made out to TIME Global)
c/o Mrs. Scotta Williams
3027 Split Rock Circle
Bulverde, TX 78163
210 317 9998
Suggested purpose directed giving could be:
- $125 supplies a solar rechargeable hearing aid for the severely hearing impaired. Our primary focus is children.
- $100 supplies enough prescription glasses to be given freely on a typical one week trip.
- $500 is our usual “scholarship” to help surgical support personnel who, like other missionaries, are trying to raise their own support.
- $1900 typically covers the total expense of one surgical tech or pastor.
There will be at least two teams going to Vietnam in 2016. For more information contact:
- Dr. Randy Otto, email@example.com. While this will be multi-specialty, Randy will concentrate on Head & Neck Surgery & Oncology.
- Dr. Brent Senior, firstname.lastname@example.org, whose team goes late winter to early spring.
- Dr. Craig Hedges, email@example.com, leads a team to Vietnam each year as well as the trip to Nepal.
- An OB-Gyn team typically goes in January, every year. This is a good group of people from all over the USA. They welcome you to join. The team leader is Dr. Mickey Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Pediatric team, with several Peds Surgeons and Peds Medical Specialists, go at various times of the year. The team leader is Dr. Austin Raunikar, email@example.com.
- The Family Practice team typically goes in the fall. Dr. Dan Mitchell, who currently lives and works in Hanoi, is the team leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nursing team is filled with clinical nurses, educators and operating room nurses. Goehner Elaine is the team leader, DMGOEHNER@aol.com.
- The Dental team is lead by Dr. Jim Sandlin, DrSandlin@SandlinDDS.com. Contact Jim for more information.
- There are other teams (Hematology, small business, agriculture, vet med., etc.). Learn more at www.reivn.org. These trips are repeated every year.
The Vietnam trips are multi-specialty teams with the availability of having all types of surgeons and medical doctors, audiologists, nurses, oral surgeons, dentists, etc., etc. Typically, the first week is in Hanoi and the second week in HoChiMinh City (Saigon District). The weekend between will be spent at a fun tourist location somewhere in Vietnam. Yes, you can do just one week, if you desire. This is a great trip for families/spouses. My wife is non-medical and goes most years. There’s plenty of time for sightseeing and shopping! Cost is around $4800 for the doctor and $3800-4000 for other family members. This fluctuates with the cost of airplane fuel.
Our surgical team will return Nov 2-12, 2016. Two additional non-surgical teams will go in May and Nov 10-20. The surgical team departs from the USA in the afternoon on the 2nd, so there is time to fly into (probably) Atlanta that morning. We will take surgeons and spouses, but the other two teams will take medical doctors, dentists, audiologists, spouses, pastors and volunteers. Volunteers include people interested in sharing their faith and/or encouraging inpatients, particularly children. A typical trip will cost around $2600 that is inclusive of most expenses but not including the flight from your home to Atlanta and return. Our trip in 2015 was amazingly successful both surgically and spiritually.
The dates for the 2016 trip have not been determined. On Feb 27, 2015, the team flew to Bucharest, Romania, then drove to a mountain village of 20,000 where surgical care has become hopeless. The two well equipped hospitals have no anesthesiologists and the surgeon’s skills are dwindling. They are pleased that we brought Anesthesia and Surgeons to offer teaching and support to re-establish their skills. Our hosts were an evangelical church from Cluj and Cru-Romania (Campus Crusade for Christ). They provided translators, evangelism, medicines and helped support our team.
Nepal. This trip will be similar to Vietnam with teaching at the medical school hospital. The team will arrange touring in the Himalaya's and the organizing team is planning on taking spouses. The cost is unknown at this time. Craig Hedges expects this team to go in Oct/Nov, 2016. The Nepalese really want him to bring an interventional cardiologist. 2014 was the first trip to Nepal.
Jordan. I went to Jordan in 2012 & 2013 and the invitation to return is open. We will do this in a manner similar to Vietnam and Nepal and, with touring the Holy Land as a major part of the experience. This is a wonderful family trip and I took my wife and a daughter on each trip. The hotels are first class, safe and comfortable. No future trip is planned unless I hear from several of you.
Israel - Unknown date but it will not be until 2017 or beyond. If you are interested let us know. We couldn’t get ANYONE to go since 2006 because of feelings of unsafety (I promise you the trip is VERY safe and we go to secure places!). Those of you potentially interested should contact me, and we can get together and work out a good date. This will be a multi-specialty medical and tourist team! This trip will focus on working with our specialty specific colleagues at the medical school in Beer Sheva for 4-5 days then 6-7 days of touring the Holy Lands with unbelievable guides!
These trips take a lot of planning, so even learning of your possible interest as soon as possible is helpful. I hope to hear from you soon.
In His Service, David
The photo above is my wife and me in the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem on one of our unique mission trips! What a memory!
Many of you are not able to join us on one of our trips, but your participation with us through prayer is greatly appreciated. The power of such support is awesome. Several of you have requested information how you could support someone who couldn't go without financial support. Let me know, and I can get your support to them, anonymously, if desired.
Others of you would like to join us, so look on the left screen, "Mission Opportunities," to read more about our various experiences in Honduras, Cuba, Romania, Vietnam, etc.
We've joined forces in Cuba with the Medical Education International (MEI) arm of the Christian Medical & Dental Association (www.CMDA.org), Honduras with the Baptist Medical and Dental Mission International (www.bmdmi.org). TIME's is www.timeforchristministries.org.
Feel free to recruit! Our door is open!
In His Grace, David